OU5 –Culvert 105
Operable Unit (OU) 5 consists of Culvert 105 and Flood Zone, including the Wooded Parcel, and is located in the magenta-colored area in the middle of the map below:
RCRA Facility Investigation (RFI) Report Volume IV for OU5 was completed and approved by the Regulatory Agencies in 2009 pursuant to the 1991 AOC. A Corrective Measures Study (CMS) was completed in 2011.
A Final Statement of Basis, dated May 2013, was issued by NYSDEC pursuant to the 1991 AOC. The NYSDEC has implemented the remedy between 2015 and 2020, with FMC taking over implementation beginning in 2021.
- FMC conducted 2021 Off-Site Remedial Activities in the Village of Middleport, including those in OU5. Click here to view the Community Update/Fact Sheet on the 2021 activities.
- NYSDEC approved FMC’s Off-Site Investigation and Remediation Work Plan for 2021 Activities that includes advancing remediation in OU5. The 2021 Work Plan can be accessed here.
- FMC conducting 2022 Off-Site Remedial Activities in the Village of Middleport, including those in OU5. Click here to view the Community Update/Fact Sheet
on the activities.
- NYSDEC has approved FMC’s Off-Site Investigation and Remediation Work Plan for 2022 Activities that includes advancing remediation in OU5. The Work Plan can be accessed here.
- FMC received approval from NYSDEC on June 17, 2021 on a final Corrective Measures Implementation (CMI) Work Plan for OU5 north of the Erie Canal.
- FMC Corporation received approval from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC), in consultation with the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), for field implementation in 2020 of the Pre-Design Investigation Work Plan for the “Culvert 105 Study Area North of the Erie Canal” that includes portions of the Village of Middleport. Click here to see a copy of the Work Plan.
©2022 FMC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. FMC, the FMC logo and all trademarks, service marks, logos, business names and trade names are the property of FMC Corporation and/or its affiliates or licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries.