FMC Middleport Products
FMC is conducting environmental studies relative to possible historic releases of contaminants from the FMC Middleport plant under the terms of an administrative order on consent with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the N.Y. State Department of Environmental Conservation and as required under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
FMC completed a Draft Corrective Measures Study (CMS) Report for the suspected air deposition study area south of the Erie Canal and west of the county line and the Culvert 105 study area, and issued a Draft Corrective Measures Study (CMS) in May 2011.
The Draft CMS Report identifies and evaluates remedial alternatives (corrective measures) ranging from “no further action” on properties to remediation to specific levels of soil arsenic concentration.
Documents associated with this CMS can be viewed at the links listed below or at the FMC document repository at the Royalton Hartland Community Library at 9 Vernon Street in Middleport:
- CMS Workplan
- Risk Management Approach Work Plan
- Phytoremediation Work Plan
- Soil Blending/Tilling Work Plan
CMS CORRECTIVE ACTION OBJECTIVES AND STUDY AREA MAPS
- CMS Corrective Action Objectives
- Historic Air Deposition Study Area Map
- Culvert 105 Study Area Map
- Draft Reasonably Anticipated Future Land Usages Map
DRAFT CMS REPORT
- Draft CMS Report dated May 2011
- Executive Summary
- Appendix A – Agencies’ Corrective Action Objectives
- Appendix B – CMS Deliverables
- Appendix C – Basis for Reasonably Anticipated Land Uses Map
- Appendix D – part 1 – Description and Evaluations of Disposal Options
- Appendix D – part 2 – Summary of Data for Proposed CAMU Phase 1 Area
- Appendix E – Culvert 105 Technical Data
- Appendix F – Human Health Risk Assessment
- Appendix G – Ecological Risk Assessment
- Appendix H- figures – Extent of Remediation for Each CMA
- Appendix H – text -Extent of Remediation for Each CMA
- Appendix I – Detailed Cost Estimates for Each CMA
- June 14, 2011 Presentation by FMC at Public Meeting
- June 14, 2011 Transcript – Agency Public Meeting at Middleport Fire Hall
©2021 FMC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. FMC, the FMC logo and all trademarks, service marks, logos, business names and trade names are the property of FMC Corporation and/or its affiliates or licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries.